Please check here for vacancies at The Horse of Course.
To apply for a vacancy, please contact us at email@example.com.
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative 35 hours per week
We are an English style tack shop looking for an energetic and personable individual to join our team. At The Horse of Course, we want to make connections with our customers, make them feel valued and looked after. Our focus for this position is true customer service! This position will allow the successful candidate to grow, both personally and professionally. Career progression includes social media and marketing opportunities.
We are looking for a customer-oriented service representative:
- The successful candidate will be genuinely excited to help customers. The candidate will be patient, empathetic, and passionately communicative.
- A customer service representative will love to talk but will also know when and how to listen.
- Customer service representatives can put themselves in their customers’ shoes.
- Passing customer feedback to other staff members is essential so that we can better meet our customer’s needs.
- Problem-solving comes naturally to customer care specialists.
- Confident at troubleshooting and investigate if they don’t have enough information to resolve customer needs or concerns.
- Our target is to ensure excellent service standards, respond efficiently to customer inquiries and maintain high customer satisfaction.
Full Job Description
- Assisting customers on the phone, in person and via email to find the product that works best for their individual needs,
- Building and maintaining customer relationships – we have regular customers that look forward to their experiences with us,
- Responding to customer inquiries on the same day, latest by the following working day,
- Maintaining the appearance of the shop floor – cleaning and organizing as necessary,
- Working with minimal supervision and need to be able to prioritize and multi-task on your own,
- Receiving new inventory from vendors, checking goods received against delivery paperwork, placing new orders, shipping stock to customers and accurate recording of stock movements inwards and outwards,
- Assisting with cyclical inventory counts to ensure accurate inventory records,
- Accurate data entry,
- Other ad hoc tasks as required.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- A willingness to learn
- Team player
- Bright and dependable with a “can-do" attitude
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Strong computer skills, including competency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- An interest in social media
- Experience of horses is essential. Experience of equestrian equipment is desirable.
- High school or equivalent (preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (preferred)
Job Types: 35 hours per week
Pay: $12 per hour
We anticipate this role growing with the individual in terms of basic job duties.
We offer a Christmas bonus which is dependent on performance.
COVID-19 Precautions: We require masks in our store for both employees and customers. If you cannot wear a mask due to a medical condition, we may permit the use of a face shield instead.
- Social distancing guidelines currently in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures currently in place
Our current business hours are Tuesday through Saturday 11:00 am to 5:00 pm